Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April DVD Releases I Must Own...

.

When I was a kid, I used to watched Alvin & his 2 little chipmunk friends Simon & Theodore singing with those one of a kind cute voices on TV. Well, it was fun to watched the cartoon at that time but hearing that a movie version is coming out, I wasn't entirely sure if it's a good idea or not to really make one. My guess will be a bad idea & I was entirely wrong!

Alvin and the Chipmunks is a suprise smashing hit & I believe that no one really expected that the movie would actually ended up doing very well in the box office.


I mean with a production budget of around US$60 million, the movie has grossed a stunning total of more than US$353 million worldwide! That is really huge for a movie this size. Alvin and the Chipmunks will be release in both DVD & Blu-Ray format on the 1st of April 2008.


I still feel that the art direction for Sweeney Todd is not that fascinating & interesting even though it has been crowned as the winner for the Achievement in Art Direction at the 80th Annual Academy Awards. Well, I guess if compare with the other nominated movies, Sweeney Todd is obviously the winner. By the way, Johnny Depp has been nominated for Best Actor in this film but unfortunately he did not win.

Costing US$50 million to make, Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street has grossed over US$149 million worldwide & will be released in a single & 2-Disc Special Collector's Edition DVD format on the 1st of April.


I didn't had the chance to watch There Will Be Blood when it was release in the cinema so I'm not really sure if it's a good or bad movie. Since it has received a total of 8 Academy Awards nomination including winner for Best Performance By An Actor In A Leading Role & Achievement In Cinematography, I believe There Will Be Blood is a movie definitely worth checking out. Hopefully I won't end up regretting it.

With a US$25 million production budget, There Will Be Blood has grossed a total of US$69 million worldwide & will be release in both single & 2-Disc Special Collector's Edition DVD format on the 8th of April 2008.



Ok, I know both the movie AVP & AVP-R really suck so bad & it's not worth spending my money buying the DVD but I just love the characters so much that it makes me wanted to buy it. Crazy or dumb you may call me but I've already decided to go ahead & buy.

I will most probably end up regretting it for the rest of my life for doing this. Well, hopefully another Ultimate Showdown Collector's Set which include all previous Alien & Predator movie will be release before I actually went down to buy this DVD.


Both movies has grossed a combined total of more than US$299 million & will be released in this 2-Pack Unrated DVD & Blu-Ray format. As for the single movie AVP-R, it will be release in a standard & unrated single disc edition & a 2-Disc Special Edition DVD format on the 15th of April 2008. It also comes in a Blu-Ray format as well. Not sure why there are so many version being release for AVP-R since the movie sucks.


Juno has received tons of good reviews from critics & has won the Best Original Screenplay at the 80th Annual Academy Awards so I believe it is kind of sad to say that until now, I still haven't watch the movie yet. I'm alway asking myself, is the movie really that good? Well, guess I'll find out the answer once I get my hands on the DVD. Again, hopefully I won't end up regretting it.

Understand that it only cost around US$10 million to make & since the released, the movie has already grossed a superb total of more than US$206 million worldwide! What a huge success this movie turn out to be.

Juno will be release in both single & 2-Disc Special Edition DVD format & also Blu-Ray format on the 15th of April 2008.


Went to watched Cloverfield in the cinema & the result, loved it! Once we stepped out from the theater, I told my girlfriend that I will definitely buying the DVD when it is out on the shelves & guess what, she was telling me the exact same thing. Shake that camera!

With a production budget of just under US$25 million, Cloverfield has grossed a total of more than US$157 million worldwide & will be release in a DVD format on the 22nd of April 2008. I hope that the studio are going to release another version instead of only in a single disc edition but so far, this is the only official announcement for the release.

I know there is a limited edition DVD for the movie but it is only available at Suncoast & FYE location. You may click here to see the cover.



After the success of the movie Lord of the Rings, the studio hopes of making more money with their next fantasy movie, The Golden Compass. Unfortunately things did not went out as plan. The movie did very poor in the US box office & reviews were not that great either.

Well, at least the movie managed to grab the award for Achievement In Visual Effects at the 80th Annual Academy Awards & that is the reason why I'm planning to buy this DVD. I just love movies with great visual effect.


With a production budget of around US$180 million, The Golden Compass only managed to grossed a somehow dissapointing US$70 million in the US box office & as for the overseas figure, it managed to grab in a total of US$285 million. The Golden Compass will release in both single & 2-Disc DVD format on the 29th of April 2008. It also comes in a Blu-Ray format.

No comments:

Music!